Central Asia - Understand Central Asia & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Central Asia Today, History, The Silk Road, People & Culture, Islam in Central Asia, The Arts, Architecture, Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Health chapters from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from the history of Timurid rule and the destruction wreaked by Chinggis (Genghis) Khan to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get hints on the gay and lesbian scene and tips for women travellers, as well as handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the arts and architecture of the region
- info on the importance of trade along the Silk Road
- full coverage of the people and cultures you will encounter
- details on Islam in Central Asia
Coverage includes: Central Asia Today, History, The Silk Road, People & Culture, Islam in Central Asia, The Arts, Architecture, Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Health.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.