Central Asia - Understand Central Asia and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Central Asia Today, History, The Silk Road, People, Islam in Central Asia, The Arts, Architecture, Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from the history of the Silk Road to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the arts and architecture of the region
- info on Central Asia’s environment, from now-capped peaks to burning deserts
- full coverage of the people and cultures you will encounter
- details on Islam in Central Asia
Coverage includes: Central Asia Today, History, The Silk Road, People, Islam in Central Asia, The Arts, Architecture, Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.