*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Central Asia - Tajikistan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tajikistan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
Where ‘Great Game’ spies once ventured in Tajikistan’s dramatic landscapes are now playgrounds for hardy climbers, trekkers and adventure travellers. The Wakhan Valley, beautiful ‘Roof of the World’ Pamirs and the breathtaking lakes and pinnacles of the Fan Mountains all contribute to making Tajikistan arguably Central Asia’s most exciting destination.
- visit high-altitude lakes and fine community-based homestays along the Pamir Highway, one of the world’s great road trips
- explore the remote and beautiful valley bordering Afghanistan, with Silk Road forts and spectacular views of the snowbound Hindu Kush in Wakhan Valley
- dangle across a river, hike to one of Central Asia’s most idyllic scenes and get up close and personal with Kyrgyz herders, under a spectacular Pamiri sky in Jizeu Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: When to Go, Dushanbe, Fan Mountains, Zerafshan Mountains, Istaravshan, Khojand, Isfara, The Pamirs, Dushanbe to Khorog, Bartang Valley, Khorog, Shokh Dara Valley, Wakhan Valley, Pamir Highway, Understand Tajikistan, Tajikistan Today, History, People, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink & Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.