*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Central Asia - Kyrgyzstan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kyrgyzstan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
Kyrgyzstan is defined by its topography: joyously unspoilt mountainscapes, craggy ridges and summer pastures are brought to life by semi-nomadic, yurt-dwelling shepherd cultures. A well-developed network of homestays and visa-free travel means it’s easy to see why Kyrgyzstan is becoming the gateway of choice for travellers in Central Asia.
- wander the Kyrgyz countryside at its best on a horse trek high into the mountains and across summer pastures.
- star gaze, cloud chase and experience life in a summer herder’s yurt at Lake Song-Köl, a vast upland lake hemmed by a ribbon of peaks.
- whether passing through Sary Tash en route to China or Tajikistan, heading to the Horse Games at Achik-Tash or scaling Peak Lenin, the snowy peaks of the Alay Valley are unforgettable.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: When to Go, Bishkek, Burana Tower, Chong-Kemin Valley, Lake Issyk-Köl, Northern Issyk-Köl, Karakol, Southern Issyk-Köl, Bokonbayevo, Kadji-Sai & Around, Lake Song-Köl, Kochkor, Naryn, Naryn to Jalal-Abad, Naryn to Torugart, Osh, Alay Valley, Understand Kyrgyzstan, Kyrgyzstan Today, History, People, Religion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink & Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.