*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Central Asia - Kyrgyzstan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kyrgyzstan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
Kyrgyzstan is defined by its topography: joyously unspoilt mountainscapes, craggy ridges and summer pastures are brought to life by semi-nomadic, yurt-dwelling shepherd cultures. A well-developed network of homestays and visa-free travel means it’s easy to see why Kyrgyzstan is becoming the gateway of choice for travellers in Central Asia.
- wander the Kyrgyz countryside at its best on a horse trek high into the mountains and across summer pastures.
- star gaze, cloud chase and experience life in a summer herder’s yurt at Lake Song-Köl, a vast upland lake hemmed by a ribbon of peaks.
- whether passing through Sary Tash en route to China or Tajikistan, heading to the Horse Games at Achik-Tash or scaling Peak Lenin, the snowy peaks of the Alay Valley are unforgettable.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: When to Go, Bishkek, Burana Tower, Chong-Kemin Valley, Lake Issyk-Köl, Northern Issyk-Köl, Karakol, Southern Issyk-Köl, Bokonbayevo, Kadji-Sai & Around, Lake Song-Köl, Kochkor, Naryn, Naryn to Jalal-Abad, Naryn to Torugart, Osh, Alay Valley, Understand Kyrgyzstan, Kyrgyzstan Today, History, People, Religion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink & Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.