Central Asia - Kyrgyzstan (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Kyrgyzstan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
Kyrgyzstan is a nation defined by its natural beauty. Joyously unspoilt mountainscapes, stark craggy ridges and rolling summer pastures are brought to life by seminomadic, yurt-dwelling shepherds. It’s easy to see why Kyrgyzstan is the gateway of choice for many travellers in Central Asia.
- stargaze and experience life in a summer herder’s yurt at high-altitude Lake Son-Köl
- trek amid the Alay Valley’s snowy peaks en route to China or Tajikistan, or scale 7134m Peak Lenin
- explore surrounding mountains by foot, bike or horseback, from right outside your guest-house door in Jyrgalan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bishkek, Chuy Oblast, Ala-Archa Canyon, Chunkurchak Valley, Alamedin Valley, Kegeti Valley, Issyk-Ata Valley, Tokmok, Suusamyr Val-ley, Talas Oblast, Northern Kyrgyzstan: Issyk-Köl Oblast, Issyk-Köl Northern Shore, Karakol, Ak-Suu Region, Issyk-Köl Southern Shore, Naryn Oblast, Kochkor, Son-Köl, Jumgal, Naryn, Eki-Naryn, Tash Rabat, Jalal-Abad Oblast, Sary-Chelek, Jalal-Abad, Arslanbob, Kazarman, Osh Oblast, Osh, Uzgen, Alay Valley, Understand Kyrgyzstan, Kyrgyzstan Today, History, People & Culture, Religion, Arts, Environment, Food & Drink, Survival Guide, When to Go, Visas & Permits, Itineraries, Fast Facts, Exchange Rates, Resources.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.