*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Central Asia - Kazakhstan (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kazakhstan chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central Asia guidebook.
Thanks to its abundant oil and mineral reserves Kazakhstan generally has better standards of accommodation, restaurants and transport than elsewhere in Central Asia. You’ll find great travel adventures: hiking the mountains and valleys of Tian Shan, searching for wildlife on the steppes or enjoying home-spun hospitality in village guesthouses.
- explore Almaty, the leafy, sophisticated metropolis with spectacular mountains on its doorstep.
- hike, homestay and horse ride amid gorgeous mountain scenery in Aksu-Zhabagyly Nature Reserve.
- be awed by 21st-century fantasy architecture in the brand-new capital of Astana.
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: When to Go, Almaty, Kolsay Lakes, Charyn Canyon, Karkara Valley, Central Tian Shan, Tamgaly Petroglyphs, Altyn-Emel National Park, Taraz, Shymkent, Turkistan, Kyzylorda, Aralsk, Aktau, Astana, Lake Burabay, Karaganda, Ust-Kamenogorsk, Semey, Understand Kazakhstan, Kazakhstan Today, History, People, Arts, Environment & Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.