Central America - Panama (PDF Chapter)
This is the Panama chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central America guidebook.
In Panama, nature is all about discovery. Explore the ruins of Spanish forts on the Caribbean coast, paddle deep into indigenous territories in a dugout canoe, or explore the wonders of the marine world while diving with whale sharks in the Pacific.
- while the days away sipping coconuts and snorkeling at laid-back resorts on the Archipiélago de Bocas del Toro
- fuel up for highland adventures with local mountain-grown coffee in Boquete, the town of eternal spring
- spend the day admiring the faded glory of Panama City’s Casco Viejo, then revel till sunrise on Calle Uruguay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Panama City & Around, Panama Canal & Around, Isla Taboga, Archipiélago de las Perlas, Pacific Coast & Highlands, El Valle, Farallón & Playa Blanca, Chitré, Pedasí, Sunset Coast, Playa Venao, Santa Catalina, Santa Fé, Chiriquí Province, David, Golfo de Chiriquí, Playa Las Lajas, Boquete, Parque Nacional Volcán Barú, Volcán, Cerro Punta, Parque Internacional La Amistad (Las Nubes), Bocas del Toro Province, Isla Colón, Isla Carenero, Isla Bastimentos, Isla San Cristóbal, Almirante, Changuinola, Colón Province, Colón & Around, Portobelo, Isla Grande, Comarca de Guna Yala, Darién Province, Metetí, Yaviza, El Real, Rancho Frío, La Palma, Reserva Natural Punta Patiño, Sambú, Understand Panama, Panama Today, History, Culture, Arts, Sports, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.