Central America on a Shoestring - Costa Rica (PDF Chapter)
One-third of Costa Rica’s area is protected, making it a wildlife wonderland. But the flora and fauna are only part of the appeal. Annually Costa Rica attracts more than one million visitors eager to catch a wave, climb a volcano or otherwise partake of paradise.
- slide silently through jungle canals in search of wildlife in Parque Nacional Tortuguero
- surf or laze on the beach at Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- visit the Monteverde Cloud Forest to spot quetzals
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San José, Central Valley & Highlands, Alajuela, Parque Nacional Volcán Poás, Parque Nacional Braulio Carrillo, Cartago, Valle de Orosi, Turrialba, Caribbean Coast, Tortuguero, Puerto Limón, Cahuita, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Sixaola, La Fortuna & Volcán Arenal, Tilarán, Los Chiles, Valle de Sarapiquí, Monteverde & Santa Elena, Liberia, Parque Nacional Rincón de la Vieja, La Cruz, Península de Nicoya, Playa del Coco, Playa Tamarindo, Playa Sámara, Mal País & Santa Teresa, Montezuma, Puntarenas, Parque Nacional Carara, Jacó, Quepos, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Southern Costa Rica & Península de Osa, San Isidro de El General, San Gerardo de Rivas, Palmar, Sierpe, Bahía Drake, Puerto Jiménez, Parque Nacional Corcovado, Golfito, Pavones, Paso Canoas, Understand Costa Rica, Costa Rica Today, History, Culture, Landscape, Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.