Central America - Nicaragua (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nicaragua chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central America guide-book.
Nicaragua offers travelers volcanic landscapes, colonial architecture, sensational beaches, re-mote, idyllic islands, wave-battered Pacific beaches and pristine forests. Few destinations have such beauty as Nicaragua, yet remain undeveloped.
- scramble to the summits for views to everywhere and beyond on lush and lovely Isla de Ometepe
- swim through crystal-clear Caribbean waters in the Corn Islands
- savor the architectural delights and spirited streets of colorful Granada
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Managua & Around, Granada & the Masaya Region, Granada & Around, Masaya, Parque Nacional Volcán Masaya, Los Pueblos Blancos, Carazo Towns, Southwestern Nicaragua, Rivas, Isla de Ometepe, Southern Pacific Coast, San Juan del Sur & Around, Tola & the Tola Beaches, León & Northwestern Nicaragua, León & Around, Co-sigüina Peninsula Beaches, Chinandega & Around, Potosí, Reserva Natural Volcán Cosigüina, Volcanoes near León, Northern Highlands, Estelí, Área Protegida Miraflor, Área Protegida Cerro Tisey-Estanzuela, Somoto, Jinotega, Matagalpa, Dipilto, Jalapa, La Dalia & Peñas Blancas, Reserva Natural Cerro Datanlí-El Diablo, Reserva Natural Cerro El Arenal, San Juan de Limay, San Ramón, Caribbean Coast, Bluefields, Pearl Lagoon & Around, Corn Islands, Bilwi (Puerto Cabezas), Miskito Keys, Waspám & the Río Coco, Río San Juan Department, San Carlos, Under-stand Nicaragua, Nicaragua Today, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.