Central America - Mexico's Yucatan & Chiapas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mexico’s Yucatán & Chiapas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central Ameri-ca guidebook.
Flanked by the turquoise waters of the Caribbean and the wildlife-rich Gulf coast, the Yucatán Peninsula wows visitors with its Maya ruins, limestone swimming holes, colorful coral reefs and soulful colonial cities.
- wander magnificent Mérida and feast on local treats
- scale the jungly hills and soaring Maya temples of Palenque
- snorkel with 15-ton whale sharks around Isla Holbox or spot rare birds in nearby islands
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Yucatán, Cancún, Isla Mujeres, Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Isla Cozumel, Tulum, Cobá, Laguna Bacalar, Mahahual, Valladolid, Chichén It-zá, Mérida, Campeche, Chiapas, San Cristóbal de las Casas, Lagos de Montebello, Yaxchilán, Pa-lenque, Agua Azul & Misol-Ha, Understand Mexico’s Yucatán & Chiapas, Mexico’s Yucatán & Chiapas Today, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.