Central America - Honduras (PDF Chapter)
This is the Honduras chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central America guidebook.
Reef-fringed white beaches, jungle-covered mountains, exquisite Maya ruins, colonial, cobble-stone villages, fresh seafood grilled on the beach…Yes, all this is found in Honduras, a country of-ten hurried through or avoided entirely due to its dangerous image.
- bliss out in dive-bum heaven in Utila, with beautiful marine life and wild nightlife
- gaze at Copán’s extraordinary Maya stone carvings and epic ancient structures near a charming, cobblestone village
- be dazzled by the bluest waters and finest beaches of Cayos Cochinos
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tegucigalpa, Western Honduras, Comayagua, La Es-peranza, Marcala, Lago de Yojoa & Around, San Pedro Sula, Copán Ruinas & Around, Copán Ar-chaeological Site, Gracias & Around, Northern Honduras, Omoa, Puerto Cortés, Tela & Around, La Ceiba & Around, Trujillo, Bay Islands, Roatán, Utila, The Moskitia, Laguna de Ibans, Reserva de la Biósfera del Río Plátano, Palacios, Brus Laguna, Puerto Lempira, Southern Honduras & Isla del Tigre, Understand Honduras, Honduras Today, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.