Central America - Guatemala (PDF Chapter)
This is the Guatemala chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central America guide-book.
Central America’s most diverse country captivates travelers with its amazing landscapes and a culture that reaches back centuries. If you’re into the Maya, mountains, markets, kicking back lakeside or exploring atmospheric pre-Columbian ruins and gorgeous colonial villages, you’re bound to be entranced.
- sidestep the tour groups to find out for yourself why Tikal is Guatemala’s number-one tourist attraction
- eat, drink and sleep well, study Spanish and climb volcanoes in cosmopolitan and pictur-esque Antigua
- see another side of Guatemala in Lívingston
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Guatemala City, Antigua, Parque Central & Around The Highlands, Lago de Atitlán, Chichicastenango, Santa Cruz del Quiché, Nebaj, Uspantán, Quetzaltenango, Huehuetenango, Todos Santos Cuchumatán, The Pacific Slope, Retalhuleu, Champerico, El Paredón, Monterrico, Central Guatemala, Salamá & Around, Biotopo del Quetzal, Cobán & Around, El Oriente, Chiquimula, Esquipulas, Quiriguá, Lago de Izabal, Puerto Barrios, Lívingston, El Petén, Sayaxché, Ceibal, Flores & Santa Elena, El Remate, Tikal, Uaxactún, Yaxhá, El Mirador, Understand Guatemala, Guatemala Today, History, Culture, Arts, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience