Central America - El Salvador (PDF Chapter)
This is the El Salvador chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central America guide-book.
El Salvador suffers horribly from bad press. While gang violence still dominates international headlines – and keeps so many adventurous travelers at bay – the vast majority of this beautiful country remains untouched by ‘the troubles.’
- track your gourmet coffee from plantation to cup on the Ruta de las Flores
- hike the Parque Nacional Los Volcanes’ active peaks
- kayak through mangroves in the Bahía de Jiquilisco
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Salvador, Central El Salvador, Santa Tecla, La Libertad, La Costa del Bálsamo, Western El Salvador, Santa Ana, Parque Nacional Los Volcanes, Lago de Coatepeque, Chalchuapa, Metapán, Parque Nacional Montecristo, Ruta de las Flores, Sonsonate, Tacuba, Parque Nacional El Imposible, Eastern El Salvador, Cojutepeque, Ilobasco & San Sebastian, San Vicente, Alegría, Usulután, Bahía de Jiquilisco, San Miguel, La Unión & Around, Golfo de Fonseca Islands, Morazán, Northern El Salvador, Suchitoto, La Palma, Under-stand El Salvador, El Salvador Today, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.