Central America - Belize (PDF Chapter)
This is the Belize chapter from Lonely Planet’s Central America guidebook.
With one foot in the Central American jungles and the other in the Caribbean Sea, pint-sized Belize is packed with islands, adventure and culture. The Belize Barrier Reef is the second largest in the world, and is paradise for scuba divers and snorkelers.
- avail yourself of the amazing array of aquatic activities – from kitesurfing and paddleboarding to snorkeling and diving – at Caye Caulker
- do some serious spelunking in Actun Tunichil Muknal, Belize’s most dramatic cave
- enjoy a sunset cocktail on the deck of a sailboat cruising offshore San Pedro
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Belize City & Around, Northern Cays, Caye Caulker, Ambergris Caye & San Pedro, Northern Belize, Community Baboon Sanctuary, Altun Ha, Lamanai, Orange Walk Town, Corozal Town, Sarteneja, Western Belize (Cayo District), Belmopan & Around, Hummingbird Highway, San Ignacio, Mountain Pine Ridge & Caracol, West to Guatemala, South-ern Belize, Dangriga, Central Cays, Hopkins & Sittee Point, Placencia, Punta Gorda, Toledo Vil-lages, Understand Belize, Belize Today, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.