Caribbean Islands - US Virgin Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the US Virgin Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guidebook.
Hmm, which of the US Virgin Islands (USVI) to choose for hammock-strewn beaches, conch fritters and preposterously blue water? Easy: any one, though each differs in personality. Wher-ever you go, get ready for reggae rhythms, curried meats and mango-sweetened microbrews.
- hike to sugar-mill ruins, petroglyphs and isolated beaches rich with marine life in the Virgin Islands National Park
- sip microbrews, explore the cannon-covered fort and chow traditional West Indian food in Christiansted
- choose your favorite strand of sand, from Cinnamon Bay’s water sports to Maho Bay’s tur-tle-spotting to Leinster Bay’s snorkeling with sharks, at St John’s North Shore
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: St Thomas, Charlotte Amalie & Around, Red Hook & East End, St John, Cruz Bay, Coral Bay & East End, St Croix, Christiansted, Point Udall & East End, Frederiksted & Around, Understand US Virgin Islands, History, Culture, Landscape & Wild-life, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience