Caribbean Islands - Trinidad & Tobago (PDF Chapter)
This is the Trinidad & Tobago chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guidebook.
Combined, this twin-island republic offers unparalleled birdwatching; first-class diving; luxu-riant rainforests perfect for hiking, waterfall swimming and cycling; and electric nightlife, with the fabulous Carnival easily the biggest and best of the region’s annual blowouts.
- party at the Caribbean’s best Carnival, and sample the live-music scene, from steel-band music to soca extravaganzas and calypso beats, in Port of Spain
- scout the waterfalls, wildlife and ruggedly gorgeous Trinidad coastline in the Northern Range
- dive among the underwater canyons and shallow coral gardens in Tobago, particularly around Speyside
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Trinidad, Port of Spain, Chaguaramas, Maracas Bay, Blanchisseuse, Brasso Seco, Grande Riviere, Northeast Coast, East Coast, West Coast, San Fernando, Tobago, Crown Point, Buccoo, Leeward Coast, Castara, Scarborough, Windward Road, Speyside, Charlotteville, Understand Trinidad & Tobago, History, People & Culture, Land-scape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience