Caribbean Islands - The Bahamas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bahamas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guide-book.
Renowned as a maritime playground for sun-starved Americans, this stunning string of sub-tropical islands is so much more than a cruise-ship stopover. There’s a Bahamian island to match most every water- and sand-based compulsion, each framed by a backdrop of gorgeous, mes-merizing blue.
- plunge into one of the world’s great underwater playgrounds
- chow down at Fish Fry, Nassau’s premiere spot for conch salad, blackened grouper and sky-juice-fueled parties
- snorkel the uncannily geometric undersea highway of Bimini Road
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Providence, Nassau, Paradise Island, West of Nassau, Grand Bahama, Freeport & Lucaya, Out Islands, The Abacos, The Biminis, Eleuthera, Andros, The Exumas, Long Island, Understand the Bahamas, History, People & Culture, Land-scape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience