*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Caribbean Islands - The Bahamas (PDF Chapter)
This is the Bahamas chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guide-book.
Renowned as a maritime playground for sun-starved Americans, this stunning string of sub-tropical islands is so much more than a cruise-ship stopover. There’s a Bahamian island to match most every water- and sand-based compulsion, each framed by a backdrop of gorgeous, mes-merizing blue.
- plunge into one of the world’s great underwater playgrounds
- chow down at Fish Fry, Nassau’s premiere spot for conch salad, blackened grouper and sky-juice-fueled parties
- snorkel the uncannily geometric undersea highway of Bimini Road
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: New Providence, Nassau, Paradise Island, West of Nassau, Grand Bahama, Freeport & Lucaya, Out Islands, The Abacos, The Biminis, Eleuthera, Andros, The Exumas, Long Island, Understand the Bahamas, History, People & Culture, Land-scape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.