Caribbean Islands - Sint Eustatius (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sint Eustatius chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guide-book.
The jewels of this castaway-style outpost lie under the sea: dazzling reefs, teeming marine life, rusting wrecks and vestiges of the Lower Town – part of the capital (and only town), Oran-jestad – which is now largely submerged.
- cavort with reef sharks and sea turtles diving at one of Statia’s ship-wrecks-turned-artificial-reefs
- ascend Statia’s dormant volcano before winding your way down to the bottom of the crater
- uncover the island’s rich history or get closer to Statia’s flora and fauna as a volunteer with a local project
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Oranjestad, Quill National Park & Around, Understand Sint Eustatius, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience