Caribbean Islands - Puerto Rico (PDF Chapter)
This is the Puerto Rico chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guide-book.
A quick visit for Puerto Rico’s beaches, historic forts and nightclubs will quicken a visitor’s pulse, but the island’s singular essence reveals itself to those who go deeper, exploring the misty crags of its mountains and pastel facades of the island’s remote corners.
- be seduced by the charm and beauty of Old San Juan while wandering the blue cobble-stone streets
- hike on lush rainforest trails with views of the ocean beyond in El Yunque National Forest
- revel in some of the best beaches in the Caribbean and kayak in bioluminescent waters in Culebra and Vieques
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Juan & Around, El Yunque, Eastern Puerto Rico, Luquillo, Culebra, Vieques, Southern Puerto Rico, Western Puerto Rico, Ponce, Bosque Estatal de Guánica, Rincón, Understand Puerto Rico, History, People & Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.