Caribbean Islands - Martinique (PDF Chapter)
This is the Martinique chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guide-book.
Martinique is a mountainous stunner crowned by the still-smoldering Mont Pelée. It is a cos-mopolitan and sophisticated island that boasts stunning beaches, superb hiking, top-notch culi-nary experiences, an enormous array of activities and rich cultural life.
- swim and sun yourself at Grande Anse des Salines, one of the island’s most beautiful beaches
- drive the Route de la Trace, the scenic road through the center of the island, stopping for a walk in the foothills of Mont Pelée
- soak up the sun and sand by day and the gourmet flavors by night at Presqu’île de Caravelle
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fort-de-France, Southern Martinique, Northern Marti-nique, Understand Martinique, History, People & Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide, When to Go.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience