*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Caribbean Islands - Haiti (PDF Chapter)
As those who come to assist Haiti often learn, an encounter with the soul of this fascinating, beautiful country often benefits a traveler far more than one could ever hope to help it.
- join the country’s most theatrical parade and street party, Jacmel Carnival, which celebrates Vodou, sex, death and revolution
- discover a mountain fortress above a ruined palace – Citadelle Laferrière – a symbol of the world’s first black republic
- hike past weird broken rock formations with views out to the Caribbean Sea in the Parc Na-tional la Visite
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Port-Au-Prince, Around Port-au-Prince, Route de Kenscoff, Plaine du Cul-de-Sac, Côte des Arcadins, Northern Haiti, Cap-Haïtien, The Citadelle & Sans Souci, Beaches West of Cap-Haïtien, Gonaïves, Southern Haiti, Jacmel, Kabic, The Southwest, Understand, Haiti Today, History, Culture, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.