Caribbean Islands - Guadeloupe (PDF Chapter)
This is the Guadeloupe chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guide-book.
Guadeloupe is an archipelago of over a dozen islands that combine to offer travelers a wealth of attractions from deserted beaches to soaring mountains. Grande-Terre’s string of beach towns offer visitors marvelous stretches of sand to laze on and plenty of activities.
- hike through the rainforest to the misty summit of the brooding, active volcano of La Sou-frière
- nourish your inner gourmet and encounter boaties from around the world in the charming fishing village of Deshaies
- touch the underwater Jacques Cousteau statue at the reserve that bears his name, off Pi-geon Island
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Grande-Terre, Pointe-à-Pitre, Gosier, Ste-Anne, St-François, Le Moule, Northern Grande-Terre, Basse-Terre Island, Deshaies, Plage de Malen-dure & Pigeon Island, Ste-Rose, Trois-Rivières, Les Saintes, Terre-de-Haut, Terre-de-Bas, Ma-rie-Galante, La Désirade, Understand Guadeloupe, History, People & Culture, Landscape & Wild-life, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience