Caribbean Islands - Dominican Republic (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dominican Republic chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guidebook.
The Dominican Republic is defined by its hundreds of miles of coastline – some with pictur-esque white-sand beaches shaded by rows of palm trees, other parts lined dramatically with rocky cliffs, all dotted with remote fishing villages and charming small towns.
- take a walk through history in Santo Domingo’s Zona Colonial
- bask on idyllic beaches of soft, white sand and aquamarine waters at Bávaro and Punta Cana
- watch 30-ton humpbacks breaching on a whale-watching trip around Península de Sa-maná
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santo Domingo, Punta Cana, Bávaro, Península de Samaná, Samaná, Las Galeras, Las Terrenas, North Coast, Cabarete, Central Highlands, Ja-rabacoa, Understand the Dominican Republic, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.