Caribbean Islands - British Virgin Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the British Virgin Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guidebook.
The British Virgin Islands are territories of Her Majesty’s land, but aside from scattered offer-ings of fish and chips, there’s little that’s overtly British. Most travelers come to hoist a jib and dawdle among the 50-plus isles.
- wade around megaboulders and slosh through grottoes in the Baths
- sail around the islands in a DIY charter boat or a glass-bottomed day-tour boat
- drink a rum-soaked Painkiller on the dazzling sand of White Bay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tortola, Road Town & Around, West End, Cane Gar-den Bay Area, East End, Virgin Gorda, Spanish Town & The Valley, North Sound, Jost Van Dyke, Great Harbour, White Bay, Little Harbour, Anegada, West End, East End, Out Islands, Understand the British Virgin Islands, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.