Caribbean Islands - Barbados (PDF Chapter)
This is the Barbados chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guide-book.
While it’s justifiably famed for its fantastic beaches, Barbados has it all. In addition to fine powdery sand and brilliant turquoise bays, you’ll find smashing nightlife, a Unesco World Herit-age–listed capital, and wild surf on the lonely east coast.
- unwind on Rockley Beach, one of the island’s most blissful beaches
- dance the night away at Oistins Fish Fry, one of the Caribbean’s great parties
- snorkel with majestic sea turtles in the warm tranquil waters of Paynes Bay
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Bridgetown & Around, South Coast, Hastings & Rockley, Worthing, St Lawrence Gap & Dover Beach, Oistins, Silver Sands, St Philip & Crane Beach, West Coast, Paynes Bay, Holetown, Speightstown, North Barbados, Central Barbados, Bathsheba, Bathsheba South to Christ Church Parish, Understand Barbados, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.