Caribbean Islands - Antigua & Barbuda (PDF Chapter)
This is the Antigua & Barbuda chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guidebook.
On Antigua, life is a beach. Its corrugated coasts cradle hundreds of perfect little strands lapped by beguiling enamel-blue water, while the sheltered bays have provided refuge for eve-ryone from Admiral Nelson to buccaneers and yachties.
- play in the waves of Half Moon Bay, Antigua’s most beautiful beach
- marvel at the magnificent winged denizens at Frigate Bird Sanctuary off Barbuda’s north-west coast
- sway to reggae during the Sunday-afternoon barbecue at Shirley Heights Lookout Res-taurant in English Harbour
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Antigua, St John’s, Dickenson Bay & North Shore, Five Islands Peninsula, Jolly Harbour to Cades Bay, Fig Tree Drive, English Harbour, Eastern Antigua, Barbuda, Codrington, West & South Coasts, Understand Antigua & Barbuda, History, Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience