Caribbean Islands - Anguilla (PDF Chapter)
This is the Anguilla chapter from Lonely Planet’s Caribbean Islands guide-book.
Fringed by shimmering white-sand beaches shaded by coconut palms and sea-grape trees, and filled with colorfully painted, open-sided beach bars serving sizzling barbecues, feisty rum punches and live reggae tunes, Anguilla is the Caribbean dream come true.
- snorkel in the turquoise waters, lazing on the sparkling white sand or hanging out at one of the beach bars on Shoal Bay East, the island’s best beach
- join locals devouring succulent barbecue at B&D’s roadside eatery in Meads Bay
- hop aboard a boat and sail to the super-secluded Prickly Pear Cays, a mini-Anguilla
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Valley, Sandy Ground, Blowing Point, Meads Bay, West End, Shoal Bay East, Island Harbour, Understand Anguilla, History, People & Culture, Landscape & Wildlife, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.