*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Capetown & The Garden Route - The Garden Route (PDF Chapter)
This is the Garden Route chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
High on the must-see list of most visitors to Cape Town is the Garden Route, named for the year-round greenery of its forests and lagoons along the coast. It stretches some 200km from Mossel Bay to just beyond Plettenberg Bay.
- find beaches, gnarly surfing spots and a host of activities, including shark-cage diving and coastal hikes, at Mossal Bay
- visit George’s attractive old buildings and world-class golf courses or go for a superb mountain drive
- explore the gorgeous beaches, bird-rich estuaries, sheltered lagoons and densely forested hills of Wilderness
- hike, sail, mountain bike and sample home-grown oysters and local beer at Knysna
Coverage includes: Mossel Bay, George, Wilderness, Knynsa and Plettenberg Bay.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.