*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Capetown & The Garden Route - Southern Suburbs (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Suburbs chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
Clinging to the eastern slopes of Table Mountain are the Southern Suburbs. Here you’ll find the Baxter Theatre Centre, Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, the ritzy Cavendish Square mall and the thatched-roof Cape Georgian homes of Wynberg Village.
- immerse yourself in the diverse splendour of the Cape floral kingdom at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens, and be sure to attend one of the outdoor summer concerts
- taste wines along the Constantia Valley Wine Route, visiting historic estates such as Groot Constantia
- take a stroll around the lovely urban conservation area of Wynberg Village
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore the Southern Suburbs, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.