*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Capetown & The Garden Route - Simon's Town & Southern Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
This is the Simon’s Town & Southern Peninsula chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
Far from the bustle of the northern end of town, the Southern Peninsula is a world unto itself. Must see places are Muizenberg, Kalk Bay, Simon’s Town and Boulders, home to a colony of penguins. On the Atlantic side of the peninsula is quiet Noordhoek, famous for its wide, sandy beach, and the surfing mecca of Kommetjie.
- snap photos of the colony of African penguins waddling around Boulders
- hike, cycle or just laze on a serene beach at the Cape of Good Hope, a nature reserve covering the rugged tip of the peninsula
- shop in Kalk Bay and enjoy a bite or a drink overlooking its harbour
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore Simon’s Town & Southern Peninsula, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.