*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page. See terms.
Capetown & The Garden Route - Simon's Town & Southern Peninsula (PDF Chapter)
This is the Simon’s Town & Southern Peninsula chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
Far from the bustle of the northern end of town, the Southern Peninsula is a world unto itself. Must see places are Muizenberg, Kalk Bay, Simon’s Town and Boulders, home to a colony of penguins. On the Atlantic side of the peninsula is quiet Noordhoek, famous for its wide, sandy beach, and the surfing mecca of Kommetjie.
- snap photos of the colony of African penguins waddling around Boulders
- hike, cycle or just laze on a serene beach at the Cape of Good Hope, a nature reserve covering the rugged tip of the peninsula
- shop in Kalk Bay and enjoy a bite or a drink overlooking its harbour
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore Simon’s Town & Southern Peninsula, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.