Capetown & The Garden Route - Green Point & Waterfront (PDF Chapter)
This is the Green Point & Waterfront chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
It’s easy to see why the Waterfront is not only Cape Town’s top tourist attraction but also Africa’s, seeing more foot traffic than Egypt’s pyramids. To the west is Green Point, where you’ll find Cape Town Stadium and an excellent municipal park.
- journey to Robben Island (p109), once an infamous prison and now a historical site, where you can see the cells in which Nelson Mandela and other heroes from the Freedom struggle spent time
- see all kinds of sea life, including sharks, at the Two Oceans Aquarium
- sail into Table Bay on one of the many harbour cruises from the Waterfront
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore Green Point & Waterfront, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.