*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Capetown & The Garden Route - East City, District Six, Woodstock, & Observatory (PDF Chapter)
This is the East City, District Six, Woodstock & Observatory chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
East of the City Bowl are the empty lots of District Six, the working-class, industrial suburbs that are regenerating, with creative industries, cafes and bars clustered at the East City end. Woodstock is the canvas for striking street art, and a hub for the blooming craft-beer scene, and bohemian Observatory makes a great base for budget travellers.
- enjoy top-class theatre and digital movie events at the Fugard
- browse the Old Biscuit Mill for retail therapy and gourmet eats
- learn about Cape Town’s troubled past at the District Six Museum, which is as much for the people of the destroyed inner city as it is about them
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore East City, District Six, Woodstock & Observatory, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.