*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Capetown & The Garden Route - Day Trips & Wineries (PDF Chapter)
This is the Day Trips & Wineries chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Cape Town & the Garden Route ¬– and they can all be completed in a day. Must-sees include wineries around Stellenbosch, Robertson and Paarl, and seafood restaurants at Langebaan.
- explore lush vineyards and excellent restaurants around Franschhoek
- admire the Cape Dutch architecture and vineyards on the banks of the Berg River at Paarl
- whale-watch on pretty beaches at Hermanus
- enjoy the wine, arty community and inimitable drag show at Darling
Coverage includes: Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl, Robertson, Hermanus, Stanford, Darling and Langebaan.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.