Capetown & The Garden Route - Cape Flats & Northern Suburbs (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cape Flats & Northern Suburbs chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
The largely black townships of Cape Flats may seem unlikely candidates as tourist destinations, but visiting might well be one of the most illuminating and life-affirming things you do while in Cape Town. North of the city centre are Milnerton, Table View and Bloubergstrand, all blessed with excellent beaches and spectacular views of Table Mountain.
- get your fingers sticky eating delicious barbecued meats at Mzoli’s in Gugulethu or Nomzamo in Langa
- learn about the tragedies of South Africa’s past and its hopes for the future on a township tour, or stay at a township B&B
- sip your way around a dozen wineries on the Durbanville Wine Route
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Explore Cape Flats & Northern Suburbs, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.