Cape Town & the Garden Route - Understand Capetown and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Cape Town Today, History, People & Culture, Architecture, The Arts, The Natural Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, wine, culture and the arts to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the area’s world-famous wine industry
- information on the natural environment of Cape Town
- full coverage of architecture from Cape Dutch Colonial to township shanties
- details on history, people and cultural events
Coverage includes: Cape Town Today, History, People & Culture, Archi-tecture, The Arts, The Natural Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation