Cape Town & the Garden Route - Plan your trip (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Welcome to Cape Town & the Garden Route, Cape Town & the Garden Route’s Top 15, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like..., Month by Month, Itineraries, Eat Like a Local, Wine & Wineries, Activities, and Regions at a Glance chapters from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
Your journey to Cape Town & the Garden Route starts here. You’ll find the tools to plan your adventure: where to go and when, how much to budget, plus in-depth info on outdoor activi-ties.
- tailor-made itineraries, arranged by region, themes and events
- list of highlights and best experiences
- everything you need to know about Table Mountain National Park
- user-friendly country overview ensures you won’t miss a thing
Coverage includes: Welcome to Cape Town & the Garden Route, Cape Town & the Garden Route’s Top 15, Need to Know, What’s New, If You Like: Beaches, View-points, Free Stuff, Parks & Gardens, Art Collections, The Luxe Life, Activities & Sports, Enter-tainment, Live Music, Shopping & Markets, Month by Month, Itineraries, Eat Like a Local, Wine & Wineries, Activities, and Regions at a Glance.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation