Cape Town & the Garden Route - Garden Route (PDF Chapter)
This is the Garden Route chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cape Town & the Garden Route guidebook.
You can’t help but be seduced by the glorious natural beauty of the Garden Route. The dis-tance from Mossel Bay in the west to Storms River in the east is just over 200km, yet the range of landscape, wildlife and outdoor activities is remarkable.
- wax your board at Mossel Bay’s surfing spots and take part in a host of other activities in-cluding shark-cage diving and coastal hikes
- explore George, the largest town along the Garden Route, with attractive old buildings, world-class golf courses and superb mountain drives
- stroll along the windswept beach and kayak the lagoons around Wilderness
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mossel Bay, George, Wilderness, Buffalo Bay, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Nature’s Valley.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation