Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Understand Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the The Yucatán Peninsula Today, History, Yucatecan Way of Life, Yucatecan Cuisine, The Ancient Maya, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transportation, and Behind the Scenes chapters from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumal & the Yucatan guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, eating and drinking like a local and exploring the underwater wonders of the region to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travelers, and travelers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on the mysterious Maya people and the lasting mark they have left through the ages
- info on the distinctive delicacies of the region served with a Maya and Caribbean flair
- full coverage of the rich flora and fauna of the region
- details on the unique qualities of the Yucatecan people of today
Coverage includes: The Yucatán Peninsula Today, History, Yucatecan Way of Life, Yucatecan Cuisine, The Ancient Maya, Land & Wildlife, Directory A–Z, Transportation.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.