Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Riviera Maya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Riviera Maya chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumel & the Yuca-tan guidebook.
The Riviera Maya, a tourist corridor of white-sand beaches, scenic ruins and fun-filled cenotes, was made for road-tripping. Despite the development, you can still find that small fishing town or head inland to catch a glimpse of the Mexico that tourism forgot.
- splash around in Parque Dos Ojos’ cenotes, or cave-dive in one of the world’s largest un-derwater systems
- rent a bike to beat the hordes and then climb Cobá’s tallest pyramid, before having a dip in nearby swimming holes
- dive into the waters off the coast of Puerto Morelos, a quiet town that has managed to spare itself from the development boom
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Akumal, Tulum & Around, Punta Allen.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.