Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Riviera Maya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Riviera Maya chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumal & the Yucatan guidebook.
The Riviera Maya, a corridor of white-sand beaches, scenic ruins and fun-filled cenotes, was made for road-tripping. You can go diving in Puerto Morelos by day and still have time for a candlelit dinner in Tulum.
- marvel at Maya ruins dramatically situated on a rugged cliff in Tulum, then go for a swim down below
- hang out at chic sidewalk restaurants and beachside bars in Playa del Carmen, or if you’re feeling inspired, take a Spanish course
- dive into the waters of Puerto Morelos and explore a colorful barrier reef
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Beaches, Puerto Morelos, Punta Bete, Playa del Carmen, Punta Venado, Paamul, Xpu-Há, Akumal, Xcacel-Xcacelito, Parque Dos Ojos, Bahías de Punta Solimán, Tankah, Tulum & around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.