Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Isla Cozumel (PDF Chapter)
This is the Isla Cozumel chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumel & the Yuca-tan guidebook.
Fascinating for its dual personality, Cozumel offers an odd mix – quietly authentic neighbor-hoods existing alongside tourist-friendly playgrounds. You’ll find a spirited Caribbean energy in the air and, of course, some of the best reefs in the world.
- plunge into the deep blue and exploring some of the world’s best sites with one of the island’s top dive shops
- escape to Parque Punta Sur, a quiet beach park with lagoon boat tours, fine snorkeling and wildlife-watching opportunities
- drink in a San Miguel de Cozumel sunset over drinks and music alongside a resident pig with a hearty appetite at Turquoise Beach Bar
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Drink-ing & Nightlife, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation