*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Isla Cozumel (PDF Chapter)
This is the Isla Cozumel chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumal & the Yucatan guidebook.
Leaving Cozumel’s tourist area behind, you see an island of quiet cool and genuine authenticity. While diving and snorkeling are the main draws, the coastal road leads to Maya ruins, a marine park and captivating scenery along the windswept shore.
- plunge into the deep blue and explore some of the world’s best dive sites, offering the likes of drift diving and imposing underwater walls that descend into the Caribbean
- rent a scooter, bike or car to cruise the coastal road to Maya ruins and beaches along Cozumel’s wild, windswept southeastern side
- spend an evening hanging out at a bar or sidewalk restaurant in the buzzing town plaza of San Miguel de Cozumel
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Information, Getting There & Away, Getting Around.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.