Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Chiapas & Tobasco (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chiapas & Tabasco chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumel & the Yu-catan guidebook.
From the majestic mountain rainforests to the balmy, mangroveflanked swamp, the breathtak-ing historical ruins to the still-thriving indigenous populations, these two southern states offer a glimpse into Mexico’s wild heart as well as its earliest traditions.
- scale the jungly hills and soaring Maya temples of Palenque
- stroll the high-altitude cobblestone streets of San Cristóbal de las Casas
- wander amid the roar of howler monkeys at the riverside Maya ruins of Yaxchilán
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chiapas, San Cristóbal de las Casas & Around, Pa-lenque, Bonampak, Yaxchilán & the Carretera Fronteriza, Tabasco, Villahermosa, Comalcalco.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.