No code necessary. See terms.
Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Chiapas & Tabasco (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Chiapas & Tabasco chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumal & the Yucatan guidebook.
Chilly pine-forest highlands, wildlife-rich rainforest jungles and well-preserved colonial cities exist side by side within Mexico’s southernmost state, a region awash with the legacy of Spanish rule and some fabulous remnants of ancient Maya civilization.
- explore the extraordinary ruins of Palenque, where jade masks and priceless jewels were found inside a ruler’s sarcophagus, and the architecture boasts unique features
- wander around high-altitude San Cristóbal de las Casas, home to charming cobblestone streets, pretty colonial buildings and colorfully dressed indigenous peoples
- ponder the mysterious sculptural art of the ancient Olmecs while wandering around the junglelike grounds of Villahermosa’s Parque-Museo La Venta – a paradise within the bustling city
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Cristóbal de las Casas, Around San Cristóbal, Tabasco, Palenque, Bonampak & Yaxchilán.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.