*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Chiapas & Tabasco (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chiapas & Tabasco chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumal & the Yucatan guidebook.
Chilly pine-forest highlands, wildlife-rich rainforest jungles and well-preserved colonial cities exist side by side within Mexico’s southernmost state, a region awash with the legacy of Spanish rule and some fabulous remnants of ancient Maya civilization.
- explore the extraordinary ruins of Palenque, where jade masks and priceless jewels were found inside a ruler’s sarcophagus, and the architecture boasts unique features
- wander around high-altitude San Cristóbal de las Casas, home to charming cobblestone streets, pretty colonial buildings and colorfully dressed indigenous peoples
- ponder the mysterious sculptural art of the ancient Olmecs while wandering around the junglelike grounds of Villahermosa’s Parque-Museo La Venta – a paradise within the bustling city
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: San Cristóbal de las Casas, Around San Cristóbal, Tabasco, Palenque, Bonampak & Yaxchilán.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.