Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Cancun & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cancún & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumel & the Yu-catan guidebook.
When most people think of Cancún, a wild party town comes to mind. But you can also soak up indigenous culture in between fiestas, dine on Yucatecan comfort food and Michellin-starred haute cuisine, and escape to diving, snorkeling and myriad water activities.
- wander around world-class Museo Maya de Cancún, home to one of the Yucatán’s most im-portant collections of Maya artifacts
- snorkel in the shallow waters of the Museo Subacuático de Arte, a unique underwater mu-seum with hundreds of submerged life-sized sculptures
- chill on the soft sands of a white-sand beach flanked by the Caribbean Sea and a calm la-goon on Isla Blanca
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Beaches, Activities, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Cancún, Isla Contoy, Isla Holbox.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.