Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Cancun & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cancún & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumal & the Yucatan guidebook.
Cancún is a tale of two cities. There’s the glitzy hotel zone with its white-sand beaches, unabashed party scene and seafood restaurants. Then there’s a taste of local flavor at, say, a neighborhood taco joint or nearby, undeveloped beach.
- dive among the fish and life-size sculptures at the Museo Subacuático de Arte, a one-of-a kind underwater museum
- swim with massive whale sharks, kayak through wildlife-rich mangroves and enjoy laid-back island living on Isla Holbox
- snorkel and get in some birdwatching on the uninhabited Isla Contoy, a wildlife refuge that receives only 200 visitors a day
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cancún, History, Sights, Beaches, Activities, Tours, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, North of Cancún, Isla Contoy, Isla Holbox.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.