*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Cancun, Cozumel & the Yucatan - Campeche & Around (PDF Chapter)
This is the Campeche & Around chapter from Lonely Planet’s Cancun, Cozumal & the Yucatan guidebook.
Campeche is the least visited of the Yucatán’s states, laced through with lonely roads, quiet coastlines and a provincial, lost-land charm. It’s home to serene villages, vast stretches of jungle, bird-dotted mangroves, and some of the most imposing Maya ruins.
- stroll through history along the colonial streets of Campeche, lined with pastel-hued buildings and edged by stone ramparts
- explore the large and impressive complexes of Edzná, the most significant Maya ruins near Campeche
- spot dolphins and seabirds from Isla Aguada, or set turtle hatchlings free at Sabancuy
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Campeche & around, Hecelchakán, Bécal, Hopelchén & around, Chenes Sites, Edzná, Southwestern Coast, Champotón, Sabancuy, Isla Aguada, Laguna de Términos, Ciudad del Carmen, Atasta Peninsula, Escárcega to Río Bec, Balamkú, Calakmul, Chicanná, Becán, Xpujil, Zoh-Laguna, Río Bec, Hormiguero.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.