Canary Islands - Understand (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, cuisine and the arts, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on island history, ancient to modern
- info on the ups and downs of life on a volcano
- full coverage of Canarian arts and culture
- how to make the most of the Canary Islands’ cuisine and local produce
Coverage includes: Canary Islands Today, History, Island Cuisine: staples & specialities, dining times & habits, drinks, Canarian Arts & Culture, Life on a Volcano: volcanic landscape, wildlife, environmental issues, Directory A-Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.