Canary Islands - Tenerife (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tenerife chapter from Lonely Planet’s Canary Islands guidebook.
Get your explorer’s hat on and step beyond Tenerife’s tourist spots and you’ll discover an is-land of extraordinary beauty and diversity, with remote mountain-ridge villages, cultured port set-tlements and charming ancient towns.
- do a Darwin and explore the verdant expanses of the oldest geographical region on the is-land, the Anaga Mountains
- hike around the staggering moonscape of Parque Nacional del Teide, Spain’s most popu-lar national park
- check out the magnificent architecture and art exhibitions at contemporary Tenerife Es-pacio de las Artes (TEA) in Santa Cruz de Tenerife
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Northeast Tenerife, La La-guna, San Andrés, Anaga Mountains, North Coast Tenerife, Puerto de la Cruz, La Orotava, Garachico, Central Tenerife, Parque Nacional del Teide, Vilaflor, Northwest Tenerife, Punta de Teno, Santiago del Teide, Masca, Los Gigantes & Puerto de Santiago, South Coast Tenerife, Los Cristianos, Playa de las Américas & Costa Adeje, Las Galletas, El Médano, East Coast Tenerife, Candelaria, Güímar.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.