Canary Islands - Lanzarote (PDF Chapter)
A Unesco biosphere reserve, Lanzarote is an intriguing island with an extraordinary geology, that still ticks all the right good-time boxes. There are great beaches, interesting sights, plenty of restaurants and a stark and otherworldly landscape.
- get snap-happy in the magnificent Parque Nacional de Timanfaya, with its lavascapes and moon-like scenery
- enjoy heady sweeping views from mountaintop Mirador del Río
- imagine yourself at a 1970s celebrity party at Omar Sharif’s one-time home, Lagomar, in Nazaret
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Arrecife, Costa Teguise, Teguise, Guatiza & Charco del Palo, Arrieta, Malpaís de la Corona, Órzola, Chinijo Archipelago, Mirador del Río, Guinate, Haría, La Caleta de Famara, San Bartolomé & around, La Geria, Parque Nacional de Timanfaya, Puerto del Carmen, Puerto Calero, Yaiza, El Golfo & around, Playa Blanca and Punta del Papagayo.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.